help with cfexecd

From: Zeev Fisher
Subject: help with cfexecd
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:46:05 +0300

Hi,

I followed the docs recommendation and i have both cron entry ( cfexecd -F ) for cron and restart for cfexecd in cfengine config files.

I did some tests to see that if the daemon is down , the cron brings it up.

It didn't for some reason.

It's the same from command line ( i kill cfexecd , run cfexecd -F from command line and after a while it gets back to the prompt without restarting cfexecd as a daemon )
It also doesn't read update.conf - it this ok ?

Please note that if i run cfagent on the same config files it restart the cfexecd and read update.conf.

Thanks.

--
Zeev Fisher - Unix System Administrator
Marvell Semiconductor Israel Ltd

Email    -  Zeev.Fisher@il.marvell.com
Tel      -  + 972 4 9091402
Cell     -  + 972 54 4995402
Fax      -  + 972 4 9091501
WWW Page:     http://www.marvell.com
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
immediately by telephone, or by e-mail and delete the message from your
computer.