Inline macros or plugins

From: Mark
Subject: Inline macros or plugins
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:07:18 -0700

Hi,

I have a task that I want to call for a bunch of classes that always repeats
the same configuration, except for one or two values.
Something like:

Copy:
  case1::
    somedir/case1/
      dest=/newdir/case1

  case2::
    somedir/case2/
      dest=/newdir/case2

  case3::
    somedir/case3/
      dest=/newdir/case3

Etc. etc. The actual configuration is much longer, so I have to deal with a
lot of redundancy and duplication...

I don't want to use a plugin because that would require me to write a perl
or some other script that does what I need to do.
Is there some easy way to fix my problem and avoid duplication???

The classes case1, case2, case3 are not mutually exclusive, so cfengine will
need to execute several or all of them in one run.

Thanks,

MARK