Using CFEngine to Build Customized OS Installations...

From: Forrest Aldrich
Subject: Using CFEngine to Build Customized OS Installations...
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 19:01:29 -0400

I'm new to CFEngine.

Our shop standardizes on FreeBSD.   We're planning to roll out, in the
near future, a lot of 2U racks and other servers -- most of which will
be standard, perhaps some not.   The OS installation is the easy part --
I've looked into modifying install.cfg for sysinstall.   However, when
it comes to tweaking all the various system configurations, adding
accounts, etc. etc.   I'm trying to find a decent way to help streamline
this process.

I think doing a "make release" is probably overkill (in the OS src
directory).

I wonder if anyone out there has some experience with this - perhaps
there are some HOWTO docs I've missed, etc?

Thanks.