Re: Bypassing YaST for /etc/groups

From: Ulrich Habel
Subject: Re: Bypassing YaST for /etc/groups
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:18:04 +0200

Hej Mark,

> Does anyone know how to make SuSE linux pay attention to edits of
> /etc/group ? The system does not believe anything you tell it there
> unless you configure it with YaST.

hm (if I remember correct) - set:

/etc/sysconfig/suseconfig (Su$E > 8.0)|/etc/rc.config (Su$E < 8)
CHECK_ETC_HOSTS="yes"
BEAUTIFY_ETC_HOSTS="yes"

to "no"

Don't use the command "host" as it does DNS lookups.  If I remember
correct the command "SuSEConfig" is still required. I can't
remember if the file /etc/host.conf is used. You should restart
the nscd daemon after making changes to this file.

the correct order in /etc/host.conf would be: order host ...

Cheers

Uli

P.S.: Maybe I should try that to get the "miscmounts" section to
work :))