Re: [Fwd: Re: miscmounts woes]

From: Ralph Angenendt
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: miscmounts woes]
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:50:00 +0200

Ed Brown wrote:
> cfengine:: Warning the file system /foo seems to be in /etc/fstab
> cfengine:: already, but I was not able to mount it.
> cfengine:: Check the exports file on host somehost? Check for file with
> same name as dir?
>
> though everything is mounted fine, and /etc/fstab is correct.

This error message is totally unclear to me.

I used "addmounts" as the only command in action sequence. If the
mountpoint isn't defined in /etc/fstab, addmounts adds it and keeps
quiet about it.

If I run cfagent -v for the second time, addmounts(!) throws "your" error
message. If I understood addmounts correctly, it doesn't try to mount
the filesystem, but only checks if all mountables are in /etc/fstab and
adds them if not.

mountall then mounts the filesystem just fine.

I haven't the faintest idea, why *addmounts* throws this message.

Regards,

Ralph
--
Ralph Angenendt......ra@br-online.de | .."Text processing has made it possible
Bayerischer Rundfunk...HA-Multimedia | ....to right-justify any idea, even one