filewalking on home and group directories

From: Mike Gabriel
Subject: filewalking on home and group directories
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:55:29 +0200

hi there,

i am looking for a genuine way, to perform a maintenance walk over home
directories with cfengine. as we had our NFS site structure before we read
about cfengine, our site is not conform with the cfengine NFS scheme...

is is nonetheless possible to maintain home directories?

the basic requirements are,

  o "uid" = "name of home directory", check for correct uid in each user's
    subtree
  o make each home accessible for others, if a public_html folder exists,
    otherwise keep it accessible for owner only

a similar pattern i need for project- and group-dirs...

greatful for help,
mike gabriel

--

network administration - ecology centre, kiel university, germay
mike gabriel, olshausenstr. 75, 24118 kiel

fon-work: +49 431 880-1186
fon-home: +49 431 6474196
mail: mgabriel@ecology.uni-kiel.de

links: