Problem calling methods with cfengine 2.1.10

From: Sven Mueller
Subject: Problem calling methods with cfengine 2.1.10
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:27:53 +0200

Hi.

I had this problem before, but it reappeared with cfengine 2.1.10 though I have no idea why:

We have a number of locally called methods, but for some reason, at least one is _never_ executed. The execution is cancelled with this message:

Trying /var/cfengine/bin/cfagent -f /var/cfengine/modules/InstallLeososPackage.conf -v -Z MD5=9eae6870f90b2f935104dd03c7d0bac3 cfengine:mx: Another cfengine seems to have done method-exec.InstallLeososPackage since I started

However, there is no such thing as "another cfengine". We have only one instance called at a time and don't call it again until it has finished.

The code which causes this is:
if (elapsedtime < 0)
   {
snprintf(OUTPUT,CF_BUFSIZE*2,"Another cfengine seems to have done %s.%s since I started\n",operator, operand);
   CfLog(cfverbose,OUTPUT,"");
   return false;
   }

though I don't see a problem there.