ExecResult question

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: ExecResult question
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:24:22 -0500

I'm trying to get a list of days-of-the-month to iterate over (01 thru 31).
I'm doing this:

        days=                           ( ExecResult(/usr/bin/perl -e
'map{printf "day%02d\n",$_}(1..31)') )

The contents of ExecResult(), when pasted into a shell, work fine (prints a
newline-delimited list of lines like "day01\nday02\n...").  However, cfengine
seems to result in $(days) equalling "')" (less the doublequotes).   I've
been futzing about with the quote marks and backslashing various characters
but haven't gotten anything to work.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

--

Chip Seraphine
Unix Administrator