cfallclasses problems

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: cfallclasses problems
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:03:15 -0500

I'm still having issues with expanding variables in PrepModule with 2.1.10.

This line:

dr_result=                              ( PrepModule(module:dr,'${allclasses}')
)

Throws this error:

/cfagent.conf:108: Incomplete variable syntax or bracket mismatch

...and cfagent hangs.  If I use regular parens, I get:

/var/cfengine/inputs/cfagent.conf:108: Variables in function with $() rather
than ${} - bug workaround

I tried getting ${allclasses} by reading $(workdir)/state/allclasses, but the
file does not contain classes that are set in the same groups: section, which
makes it unsuitable for what I am doing (running a module very early in the
program).

Help!  Anyone know how to get something like this working by a means other
than adding Yet Another Level of Imports?

Thanks!

--

Chip Seraphine
Unix Administrator