Re: Managing Solaris LVM with cfengine

From: Pete Ehlke
Subject: Re: Managing Solaris LVM with cfengine
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:18:14 -0500

On Thu Sep 02, 2004 at 10:49:34 -0400, Joe Moore wrote:
>Does anyone have experience to share with managing Solaris's LVM
>(formerly Solstice Disk Suite) with cfengine?
>
>Is it possible (feasible) to have cfengine create metadevices, modify
>the vfstab file and mount the filesystems in a manageable way?

This is pretty simple to script up in jumpstart; the sort of finish
scripts you would use there could be ported over to cfengine fairly
trivially, I would thing. (disclaimer: I've not actually done so)

Luke has a pretty good jumpstart/disksuite finish script on his
jumpstart page (http://www.madstop.com/jumpstart/); I use this stuff
myself.  There are a similar set of scripts in
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/013312505X/qid=1094138216/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/103-8225445-7144646?v=glance&s=books

-Pete