Re: Did you forget the domain name...

From: Xenon
Subject: Re: Did you forget the domain name...
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:45:00 -0700

After digging through information for quite awhile, I've found that
the access list resolves soft links (the location of the file that I
was trying to copy is in a soft linked directory), adding the actual
directory that the files reside in to the admit (grant) section of the
cfservd.conf solved the problem.

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:16:44 -0700, Xenon <xenonsoul@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know this question has been asked countless times here, and I've
> read through all the archives and sites that I could find related to
> this error, but I'm still having a problem and am not able to find a
> solution.
>
> Presently just trying to get things working with 1 server and 1
> client, I get the "Host authentication failed. Did you forget the
> domain name or IP/DNS address registration (for ipv4 or ipv6)?" error,
> from both the server and client.
>
> I have a very simple setup currently, just trying to copy a single
> file from the server to the client.
>
> Here are the files, I've changed the IP's and hostname's to protect
> the innocent and the guilty. Some of the configurations have been
> taken from an existing CFEngine configuration working in another part
> of the company. I am currently just trying to get the files to
> transfer, after that I will work out securing everything, etc.
> Running CFEngine version 2.1.5

<snip>