Re: ifconfig zombies

From: Lance Albertson
Subject: Re: ifconfig zombies
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 21:35:32 -0500

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 17:30, Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:
> I had a moment of inspiration and discovered that the pipe
> that reads ipv6 addresses from ifconfig was incorrectly
> terminated at line 483 in src/nameinfo.c with
> fclose() rather than pclose().
>
> I strongly suspect this is the reason for the zombies.
> Current snapshot patches this, or you can fix manually.

Nice! Thanks for finally catching that! Sorry I didn't have time to
contribute to more debugging though.

Cheers!
--
Lance Albertson <ramereth@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Infrastructure

---
GPG Public Key:  <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1  4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742

ramereth/irc.freenode.net