Re: hostname's hyphen character brings inconsistency in cfengine

From: Lyndon C. Lim
Subject: Re: hostname's hyphen character brings inconsistency in cfengine
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:06:07 -0700

ebrown@lanl.gov writes:
> I think there is some confusion here about the difference between
> groups/classes and variables.  Here you have defined 2 variables, group1
> and group2.  They are not the same as classes or groups, which aren't
> defined in 'control:' sections, but rather in, well, 'classes:' or
> 'groups:' (synonyms).

Ed is right, I keep getting tripped up with variables
versus classes.  Thanks for helping me understand them
better.

BTW, I really appreciate that people spend the time to
answer this mailing list, even for questions by newbies
like me.

--
Lyndon C. Lim;  lyndon@artisan.com;  408.734.5600;  408.734.5050 (fax)
Artisan Components; 141 Caspian Court; Sunnyvale, CA 94089-1013; USA