Re: Recursion Problem??

From: David E. Nelson
Subject: Re: Recursion Problem??
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:09:01 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Adam,

I just used/tried:

copy:

    any::

        /var/cfengine/master_inputs/foo  # Specific file
            dest=/tmp/bar # Specific file
            r=0
            mode=0600
            backup=false
            server=$(policyhost)

w/o any problems.

HTH,
         /\/elson

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Adam M. Dunn wrote:

Anyone,

I'm running into a problem with the recursion option in a copy command.
For example, using the default model of copying the updated configs from:

server:/var/cfengine/masterfiles --> client:/var/cfengine/inputs

just as an example, and setting a recursion to r=0, nothing copies.
However, if I keep it at r=1, or r=inf, then everything copies, but I
don't want that.  Basically I just want to copy only single files from a
source directory to the client and ignore any subdirectories, but it's not
letting me.

Is this common behavior, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Adam