cfexec doesn't work for a non-root

From: Christian Pearce
Subject: cfexec doesn't work for a non-root
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:27:33 -0400

Not certain this is something we want to fix, but given the fact the
users are allowed to run cfagent, it might stand to reason they should
be able to run there own cfexec.

I don't think this is functionality I will ever need.  Just thought I
would bring it up.

I would rather see my next request fulfilled.

[pearcec@mir tmp]$ CFINPUTS=. /usr/sbin/cfexecd -F
cfexecd: Unable to make directories to
/var/cfengine/outputs/spooled_reports
cfexecd: mkdir: Permission denied
cfexecd: cfengine defines no SMTP server -- or perhaps a syntax error in
the config
cfexecd: Need: smtpserver = ( ?? ) in control
cfexecd: cfengine defines no system administrator address
cfexecd: Need: sysadm = ( ??@?? ) in control
cfexecd: Couldn't open
/var/cfengine/outputs/cf_mir_perfectorder_com_Fri_Sep_10_11_22_37_2004_
cfexecd: fopen: No such file or directory

--
Christian Pearce
http://www.commnav.com