Howto enforce global copy?

From: Enrico Scholz
Subject: Howto enforce global copy?
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:36:59 +0200

Hello,

does there exist a way to enforce a global copy (similarly to having
'force=true' at every copy:: statement)? At system-initalization with
Red Hat's kickstart some files (e.g. /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/krb5.conf,
...)  are created with a newer timestamp than this of the file handled
by cfengine. So, a copy will never happen and the "wrong" files will
stay forever.

I solved it by appending 'force=$(GLOBAL_FORCE)' to every copy:: rule
and setting GLOBAL_FORCE to 'true' or 'false' depending on '-D' options
of cfagent. But this solution scales very bad as I am not sure which
files are affected by such situations.

Therefore, I would like a flag for 'cfagent' which implicates a global
'force=true'.

Enrico