Re:How to detach a long-run processes from cfengine???

From: Christian Pearce
Subject: Re:How to detach a long-run processes from cfengine???
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:52:19 -0400 (EDT)

Take a look at this thread.  See if this helps...

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-cfengine/2004-09/msg00096.html

I am not certain I understand "</dev/null" part of the command.

Try this

      '/bin/process > /dev/null 2>&1 &'
           useshell=true

Make sure you have useshell=true.

You can also trying adding echo "cfengine-die" after the &.

--
Christian Pearce
http://www.commnav.com