Scaling to 1500 clients - any one done this...

From: Chris Kacoroski
Subject: Scaling to 1500 clients - any one done this...
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:47:04 -0700

Hi,

I am scaling my install from 60 to 1500 clients. At about 250 clients I started seeing problems with server connections being dropped. I would like to hear from anyone else who has a install of equivalent size to see how they set:

- how often the client connects (currently every 30 minutes)

- number of concurrent processes on the server (currently 100)

- Splaytime used (currently 15 minutes).

Thanks for your help.

ski