Upgrading Advice

From: Steve Witt
Subject: Upgrading Advice
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:01:56 -0700 (PDT)

I've got a software development lab of about 100 Debian Linux machines (3.0 - woody) that I'm using cfengine to manage. I started with version 2.1.1, which is what I'm using now. I didn't use the Debian package because I believe that the version in woody is pre-2.x.x. I'm feeling that 2.1.1 is getting pretty old now and that I should keep up with the newer versions. The question I have is whether there have been any significant changes to the latest cfengine that might really mess up my configuration, or if I should expect a pretty transparent upgrade.
transparent.

I don't think I'm doing anything too fancy with cfengine. I copy some configuration files to the clients, copy a couple of scripts, and run them. Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice you'all might have.

Thanks...