Re: How does cfagent determine the hostname?

From: Timothy Sven Nelson
Subject: Re: How does cfagent determine the hostname?
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:08:11 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, John Borwick wrote:

Hello.

I'm trying to automate a machine installation with kickstart and cfengine. In my %post section, the last two lines are

hostname `hostname --fqdn`
cfagent -Kvq

This approach seems to work on RHAS2.1, but not RHEL3.

How should I set the hostname for cfagent?

        If I recall, what I was doing at my previous workplace was to:
1.      Ensure a working DNS configuration (and IP address) are set up in
        Kickstart somewhere.
2.      Use "host $ip" to get the hostname (you need reverse DNS set up
        for this).

        :)

--
Tim Nelson