Cannot mail root

From: Harry Hoffman
Subject: Cannot mail root
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:20:46 -0400

Hi All,

I've run into a bit of an issue that I've having trouble figuring out. Rather recently cfengine began attempting to send me emails (Checksum database -- updates RPMS). Unfortunately it has been unable to do so. I receive the following error: Unable to mail root@ip-solutions.net.

After checking the mail server logs (Postfix) I see that the address is coming across in the form: cfengine@root@ip-solutions.net. Now the ability to email used to work so I'm a bit lost as to what I may have changed to have this occur.

Sendmail on each machine is configured to send all messages to my MX.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as google has revealed anything good yet.

Thanks,
Harry