Re: How to use regex in editfiles?

From: Volker Wiegand
Subject: Re: How to use regex in editfiles?
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 00:00:57 +0200

Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:
[...] Unfortunately, once done it is
hard to change to a better idea without breaking something for someone.
One day it would be nice to redesign the editfiles functions.
[...]
Some discusssion was given to using the perl regex library a while ago, which
is tempting, but then everything is broken again for every cfengine user
around the world :(

A possible way out of this dilemma might be a "second set" of editing functions. When I was still programming MS Windows, I sometimes used functions like CreateWindowExEx :-)

Volker