Possibly silly question... MD5 checksums, how to stop security warning?

From: Pavel Tcholakov
Subject: Possibly silly question... MD5 checksums, how to stop security warning?
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:51:54 +0200

Hello,

I only recently started using cfengine and so far I'm very impressed
and intend to put it into production one day soon. So far I have quite
a simplistic setup on one of my machines which just checks that some
services are running and executes apt-get update every now and then.

One thing I can't figure out is how to stop the "/etc/passwd changed"
warning. Once is enough, why does it tell me that every single time
cfagent runs? How do I make it accept the new state as the "proper"
passwd?

The other thing that started happening is the warning about
mountpattern. From what I understan, this is a NFS-environment only
option which I don't need to define. How can I suppress this?

Output:

cfengine:metal: SECURITY ALERT: Checksum for /etc/passwd changed!
cfengine:metal: Program does not define mountpattern

Otherwise, it's looking great and hopefully I can soon make it work in
distributed mode. I'll probably have quite a few questions when I get
there as I intend to run it in a very dynamic environment, something I
don't think it's been specifically designed for.

Thanks in advance,
Pavel