what's cfexecd for? (was cfexecd, FatalError(), leaves cfagent)

From: Will Lowe
Subject: what's cfexecd for? (was cfexecd, FatalError(), leaves cfagent)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:48:12 -0700

> I like it.  Of course, I'd be even happier if cfexecd had its own
> config file-- all my ReturnsZero()s in groups: always fire when

Why do folks here use cfexecd at all?  In my case, I'm calling cfagent
from cron -- and I use cfexecd because it's the only way to capture
output from cfagent and keep cron from mailing it to root.

Maybe the right thing to do is to make some changes to cfengine's
logging, and stop using cfexecd altogether?

--
                                        thanks,

                                        Will