Re: Force cfengine to exit with warning..

From: Tyson Tucker
Subject: Re: Force cfengine to exit with warning..
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 17:16:52 -0700

You could set up your cfagent.conf file so that it does a sanity check before importing your main input files. I'd use a module to define the classes because they are fun. However, there is nothnig to say you can't use the vanilla classes section. Below, I'm assuming the class all_good gets defined in the dot_all_my_tease module.
control:
 actionsequence = ( module:dot_all_my_tease )
 addinstallable = ( all_good )

import:
 all_good::
   cf.main

alerts:
 !all_good::
   "Somethings afoot."

Darrell Fuhriman wrote:

I would like to be able to force cfengine to die and not do
anything, if a condition is true.

Specifically, if someone has configured a host to use both NIS
and LDAP for NSS, I want it spit out a warning and exit, and not
attempt to do anything until the ambiguity is resolved.

Is there a right way to do this?

Darrell