Re: 2.1.9 patches

From: Anders Grund
Subject: Re: 2.1.9 patches
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:41:47 +0200

On 2004-08-12 00:41, Sven Mueller wrote:

While we are at patching 2.1.9:

What I would _really_ like to see is support in ./configure to explicitly turn on static linking against bdb and openssl (individually). I need this on some machines and for now, I always patch the Makefiles after running configure. That's obviously not the right thing to do, but I don't see any alternative as I don't know (and don't have the time to learn about) autoconf. Maybe someone else would be able to do that?

I was "struggling" with this issue for a while...
Now i build db and openssl staticly and then use these versions for cfengine, works good on Linux (redhat and Suse) anyway.

/Anders