Schedule expressions

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Schedule expressions
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:06:13 -0500

How complex an expression can cfexecd handle in the schedule variable?  I'd
love to be able to put some ORs and NOTs and such in there, but I'm having
trouble getting it to work even with just ANDs.  It is a devilish thing to
test since you have to fiddle with clocks and such, which is kinda rough on a
system (and cfengine).

cfagent -z dumps these timeclasses in my current setup:

[Hr00.Min5_10]
[Hr01.Min5_10]
[Hr02.Min5_10]
[Hr03.Min5_10]
[Hr04.Min5_10]
[Hr05.Min5_10]
[Hr12.Min5_10]
[Hr16.Min5_10]
[Hr17.Min5_10]
[Hr18.Min5_10]
[Hr19.Min5_10]
[Hr20.Min5_10]
[Hr21.Min5_10]
[Hr22.Min5_10]
[Hr23.Min5_10]

...but cfagent is not running at those times.  Am I wrong to use  an  AND
operator in there?  (And if that *is* wrong, what is the alternative?)

--

Chip Seraphine
Unix Administrator