[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Multiple Domains]]

From: Leslie Smith
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Multiple Domains]]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:41:07 +1000

Yes, you are exactly right.

Les

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Tim Nelson <architect@webalive.biz>
To: Leslie Smith <les.smith@uq.edu.au>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Multiple Domains]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:33:32 +1000

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Leslie Smith wrote:

> I have domains of
> uq.net.au
> uq.edu.au
>
> then subdomains of uq.edu.au
> uqi.uq.edu.au
> uqg.uq.edu.au
> etc. etc.
>
> The adding of entries to enable the detection of uq.net.au is happy
> (below)
>
> classes:
> UQcommercialDomain    = ( IPRange(203.101.255.1-3)
> IPRange(203.15.35.60-61) IPRange(203.15.35.80-81) )
>
> control:
> UQcommercialDomain::
>        domain  = ( uq.net.au )
>

> Everything else is put to uq.edu.au ( !UQcommercialDomain ).
>
> I have many subdomains of uq.edu.au and I was wondering whether it is
> any benefit to put an entry for each subdomain, or should i just
> continue with the all encompassing !UQcommercialDomain .

        It all depends on whether you use them or not.  If you're
intending to make different changes depending on which subdomains they're
in, then by all means, define them.  But if you're not intending to do
them, then don't bother.  Not much of an answer, I know, but hopefully
it'll point you in the right direction.

        :)