Permissions on copied directories

From: Scott Burch
Subject: Permissions on copied directories
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:08:27 -0500

Hi,

I have been experimenting with cfengine's copy command like so:

/cprod/move/sql
        dest=/cprod_new/move/sql
        timestamps=keep
        recurse=inf
        type=checksum
        forcedirs=true
        server=(left out intentionally)

When I execute this I noticed that the directories that get created on the destination do not have the correct permissions (all directories are owned by root:other; however the files have the correct permissions). Am I missing something? I know I have done this before and the permissions have been correct.

The systems in question are using cfengine 2.1.x.

-Scott