run cfengine with param

From: Dave Stern - Former Rocket Scientist
Subject: run cfengine with param
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:50:17 -0500 (EST)

We would like cfengine to run in two different formats yet use the same config file. Is this possible?

Specifically, I'd like an interactive script to use a different value for SplayTime which is defined in control in the config file.

Ideally, I'd like a command line parameter like:
cfengine -f ... -DsPlayTime=1
   for interactive   and
cfengine -f ... -Dsplaytime=60
   for cron

But if this can only be done by defining a class from the command line and having some class stanza that changes splaytime, that would be ok too (just work coding to set). If so, could someone show an example?

TIA

 David Stern                                    University of Maryland
           Institute for Advanced Computer Studies