Re: Anyone interesting in building "immune" Linux machines?

From: Tim Nelson
Subject: Re: Anyone interesting in building "immune" Linux machines?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:54:30 +1100 (EST)

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, martin f krafft wrote:

also sprach ha haha <hahaha_30k@yahoo.com> [2004.11.13.0127 +0100]:
Anyone has any interests in my idea?

Use hardened Debian,

        Ok, I found this.

define a configuration plan,

I did a search for "debian configuration plan", and "debian FAI plan", and didn't find anything. Is there documentation on this?

configure cfengine,

Luke Kanies was looking at a cfengine/Debian based system, but I don't know where he got to.

and of you go. If you want an immune machine, you have to
rely on high-quality packages and fast security updates that make
minimal changes. Only Debian provides that.

        ...for free.  Redhat seems to do that if you pay.

I'd recommend to hahaha that he consider looking at my Arpmats project: http://arpmats.sourceforge.net/

It does the yum/up2date part. It still clearly needs some work, but it's pretty close to a version that I'll use in production here.

        :)

--
Tim Nelson
Server Administrator