Re: Administering a thousand hosts

From: Tim Nelson
Subject: Re: Administering a thousand hosts
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:52:02 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Darío Mariani wrote:

Thanks for the answer.
How did you handle the distribution of cfengine public keys? When I
run cfrun there is a key interchange that it asks me to accept.

There are a variety of ways of doing this. I personally have a script that:
1.      Sets cfservd to trust that IP irrespective of key
2.      Uses ssh to trigger the first cfengine run (which will do the key
        exchange)
3.      Sets cfservd to not trust the IP

        I hope this answers the question.

Incidentally, cfengine works in something you could call master/slave config, so if you grow, you can do that kind of thing too.

        :)

--
Tim Nelson
Server Administrator