Re: Cfengine daemons keep dying!!!

From: Adam M. Dunn
Subject: Re: Cfengine daemons keep dying!!!
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:48:36 -0600 (CST)

Nope, that's the problem.  I have not been able to find a reason.  It's
as if they're exiting cleanly.  I'm not finding any core files or anything
out of the ordinary.  The only thing I've seen is as soon as the daemons
fork off that cfagent process the daemons die about 5 seconds later.  The
runlogs show:

Lock expired, process killed:pid=205:cfenvd:daemon

Lock expired, process killed:pid=253:cfexecd:execd

Those log entries correspond to the kill times, however, those PID's
weren't the ones the daemons were running as which confused me a bit.
And I bascially just start these up by running:

/var/cfengine/bin/cfexecd
/var/cfengine/bin/cfenvd -H
/var/cfengine/bin/cfservd

My first thought was maybe I have a policy that's bad and killing them,
so I also trying running them with no policies in place with the same
results.  If there's any other information you'd like me to check I'll
post that.

thanks,
Adam