DefineClasses does not set class in editfiles

From: Mathias GUG
Subject: DefineClasses does not set class in editfiles
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:48:54 -0500

Hello,

I'm using cfengine 2.1.11.

I have a problem with DefineClasses in editfiles.

Here is the content of a cfengine file test.cf :

control:

        IfElapsed = ( 0 )
        actionsequence = ( editfiles shellcommands )
        AddInstallable = ( FileEdited )

editfiles:
        { /tmp/dumb
                AutoCreate
                Backup "false"
                AppendIfNoSuchLine "dumb"
                DefineClasses FileEdited
        }

shellcommands:
        FileEdited::
                "/bin/echo dumb2 >> /tmp/dumb"

If I run this file, I only get one line in the dumb file.

Running cfagent -d 2 -f ./test.cf gives this error :

Actionsequence item shellcommands
FileEdited is excluded!

So it seems that the class is not set when the file is edited.

What did I miss ?

Thank you.

Mathias GUG