RE: Cfengine daemons keep dying!!!

From: Brian Thomas
Subject: RE: Cfengine daemons keep dying!!!
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:33:32 -0800

For what it's worth, this is also a relatively common problem for me as
well, although for some reason this has faded significantly in the past
few weeks. I just had it happen this morning though, randomly, on a
couple of systems.

It also only appears to happen during copy, at random, and usually does
not happen twice in a row.

Brian

>> However. The challenge response problems your talking about we solve
>>the
>> following way:
>>
>> rm /var/cfengine/ppkeys/root-* on the servers. They will copied on
the
>> first request back when trustkey is yes. Also we have limited the
access
>> to the cfengine ports only from the local machines via a firewall.
>>
>> You have of course also delete the keys on the client side for some
rare
>> cases. (In case the server key has changed) or you had one of that
buggy
>> cfengine versions running (see archives for details).
>
>It's not a trust or re-key issue. The message:
>
>cfengine:--------: Challenge response from server
cfengine/10.xxx.xxx.xx