RE: Cfengine daemons keep dying!!!

From: Wheeler, John
Subject: RE: Cfengine daemons keep dying!!!
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:24:16 -0600

Apologies for completely mutating this thread, but just wanted to give
some feed back on the modification of the number of clients parameter
change in the cfservd.conf. This appears to have little impact. I did
not go through any statistical analysis of the emails sent, but based on
a rough sampling of ~70 hosts running cfengine, the change from the
default of 10 to 100 did not have any perceivable impact, with the
desired result of decreasing or eliminating these annoying "Challenge
respone... incorrect!" emails.

I have yet to try the other suggestion of binding to an interface. The
master host has many real interfaces but no virtual interfaces.

I'll try the binding trick and let you know.