Re: Solaris /etc/shadow editing problems with cfengine 2.1.11

From: Anne Cross
Subject: Re: Solaris /etc/shadow editing problems with cfengine 2.1.11
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:59:46 -0500

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 11:07:32AM -0800, Iain Morgan wrote:

> Since you discovered this issue during a new build, does the problem only
> manifest during JumpStart? If so, you might want to confirm that the shadow
> file exists when cfengine is running.

Unfortunately not.  We wait until after JumpStart to run cfengine and
the /etc/shadow file is already there.  (The problem is also cropping up
on upgraded machines that were working just fine before.)  But thanks...

        -- Anne

Anne Cross
Systems Administrator, Tufts University
"They just tend to lunge at whatever looks interesting to them, write
 whatever they please, and let the chips fall where they may. So we
 may seem not merely arrogant, but completely unhinged." -- Neal Stephenson