Re: Orphan files

From: wbmccarty
Subject: Re: Orphan files
Date: 12 Dec 2004 15:29:03 -0800

Hi Tim and all,

I don't find that the reference manual specifes the behavior of the
fixall option very completely. When using a files: action having a
filter selecting orphaned files, will a fixall option cause the
matching files' ownership to be updated to conform to the values
specifed by the owner and group options?

Thanks, Tim, for the caution concerning NFS. I don't use NFS, but I
agree that those who do might do well to avoid granting any actual
privileges to the nobody user and group.

Cheers,