Re: Solaris 9 and Berkeley DB, aclocal 1.8b

From: David Cress
Subject: Re: Solaris 9 and Berkeley DB, aclocal 1.8b
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:22:22 -0500

I was having this problem as well. It turned out that with gcc v3.4.2, libgcc_s.so was being dynamically liked to libdb.so, and libgcc_s.so was not in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH. So I recompiled BerkeleyDB for static libraries only, as I did not want to distribute libgcc_s.so to all my machines anyway.

Russell.Conner@health.net wrote:
HELP! I have tried several versions of BerkeleyDB... 4.1, 4.2, 4.3

ALL of which fail when doing a configure.

I built them from scratch, no errors or warnings.

It appears to be failing on this test:

cat >>conftest.$ac_ext <<_ACEOF
/* end confdefs.h.  */

#include <db.h>
#include <stdio.h>
int main(void)
{
printf("%d.%d.%d
",DB_VERSION_MAJOR,DB_VERSION_MINOR,DB_VERSION_PATCH);
if (DB_VERSION_MAJOR < 4 || (DB_VERSION_MAJOR == 4 &&
DB_VERSION_MINOR < 1))
exit(1);
exit(0);
}

_ACEOF

setting

Output from configure:

#./configure --with-berkeleydb=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.9
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.9
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.9
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthreads... yes
checking for joinable pthread attribute... PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE
checking if more special flags are required for pthreads...
-D_REENTRANT
checking for cc_r... gcc
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for flex... flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for egrep... egrep
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for getloadavg... yes
checking for pstat_getdynamic... no
checking for kstat_open in -lkstat... yes
checking for getloadavg... yes
checking whether getloadavg requires setgid... no
checking for latex... false
checking for texi2dvi... false
checking for dvips... false
checking for makeinfo... false
checking for ps2pdf... false
checking for getconf... /usr/bin/getconf
checking for main in -lm... yes
checking for door_create... no
checking for setsockopt... no
checking for setsockopt in -lsocket... yes
checking for gethostent... no
checking for gethostent in -lnsl... yes
checking for getaddrinfo... yes
checking for library containing socket... none required
checking for BerkeleyDB location in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1...
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1
checking Berkeley DB Version... configure: error: This release of
cfengine requires BerkeleyDB 3.2 or later