Re: is this a bug in cfengine?

From: Ed Brown
Subject: Re: is this a bug in cfengine?
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:41:55 -0700

Not a bug exactly, it's known, previously discussed, behavior.  But it
isn't intuitive or documented, or desirable perhaps.

If you use this type of notation, action.qualifier, to achieve finer
control over the actionsequence for some action, then any unqualified
use of 'action' in the actionsequence is sort of meaningless.

IIRC, this is an improvement over the behavior in 1.6.3, when any
unqualified action would have been executed once for every qualifed
action in the actionsequence.

-Ed