Re: cfengine Debian apt-get

From: Pe5kyTac0
Subject: Re: cfengine Debian apt-get
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 21:20:39 -0800

Hi All

Anyone on this list run cfengine on Debian Linux?
If so, what are your favorite ways to use cfengine with apt-get?

I am rather new to cfengine. I am running cfengine 2.1.10-2
in Debian Sarge.

I am making a cfengine security policy which will harden a default
installation of Debian.
I understand the permissions, using editfiles: to remove
inetd entries, etc.
What I don't see is a way to run the following in cfengine

if apt-show-versions | grep "portmap" then
apt-get remove portmap
fi

I could have cfengine run a bash script, but I was hoping to keep this
to one file.
Thanks for any insight, ideas, or help.

--
Pe5ky Tac0