Re: cfengine Debian apt-get

From: John Sechrest
Subject: Re: cfengine Debian apt-get
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 14:51:16 -0800

Yes, I use cfengine on debian.

I am playing with a module that takes a list of packages
and automatically apt-gets them based on a role/task
for the system.

Pe5kyTac0 <peskytaco@speedband.com> writes:

 % Hi All
 %
 % Anyone on this list run cfengine on Debian Linux?
 % If so, what are your favorite ways to use cfengine with apt-get?
 %
 % I am rather new to cfengine. I am running cfengine 2.1.10-2
 % in Debian Sarge.
 %
 % I am making a cfengine security policy which will harden a default
 % installation of Debian.
 % I understand the permissions, using editfiles: to remove
 % inetd entries, etc.
 % What I don't see is a way to run the following in cfengine
 %
 % if apt-show-versions | grep "portmap" then
 % apt-get remove portmap
 % fi
 %
 % I could have cfengine run a bash script, but I was hoping to keep this
 % to one file.
 % Thanks for any insight, ideas, or help.
 %
 % --
 % Pe5ky Tac0
 % Yum, Fish Tacos !!