cfagent delays on startup

From: Sven Mueller
Subject: cfagent delays on startup
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:24:42 +0100

Hi.

I have the following setup (in a non-routable network):

machine A: cfengine master, no DNS, all hosts that might connect
           are listed in /etc/hosts, /etc/resolv.conf doesn't exist.
machine B: cfengine client, DNS-Server for some zones, no access to
           any other DNS servers, all hosts it needs to know are listed
           in /etc/hosts, no /etc/resolv.conf exists.

On each startup, cfagent delays for some seconds if the DNS server (which doesn't have a ROOT zone file or access to other DNS servers) is running. If the DNS server isn't running, the delay doesn't occure.

What strikes me is how cfagent can be influenced by a local running DNS server which isn't even referenced anywhere.

Any hints?

cu,
sven