RE: newbie question ...

From: Atom Powers
Subject: RE: newbie question ...
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:55:22 -0800

I'm just starting with cfengine myself, and although it looks to be very
powerful the documentation isn't easy to follow.

I /think/ what you will want to do is install cfengine on each system and
copy your update.conf and cfagent.conf files into your include directory
(/var/cfengine/include/). Then run `cfagent` once and it should pull down the
rest of the configuration, if you have your update.conf set up correctly and
cfservd running on the master.

I am not at this stage myself yet, so I can't be sure...

----
Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.

Atom Powers
Systems Administrator
Pyramid Breweries Inc.
206.682.8322 x251