Re: Method of Accessing Package Databases in Cfengine

From: Tim Nelson
Subject: Re: Method of Accessing Package Databases in Cfengine
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:41:28 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, David Douthitt wrote:

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 22:38, Tim Nelson wrote:
        I'm hoping that Arpmats (http://arpmats.sourceforge.net/) will
someday support multiple package managers, but at this point, it supports
only RPM also.

ARPMATS to some degree duplicates the capabilities of APT.  If it used
APT, it would support both RPM and DPKG natively.....

It's currently relying on up2date for some of its intelligence, so that's probably the duplicating part.

[apt notes snipped]

The problem is, we're using RHEL here, and I need to support RHN-style repositories. The only way I know of doing this is to use up2date. Someday, I'd like to write dpkg/apt modules, but I doubt I'll get the time anytime soon.

        :)

--
Tim Nelson
Server Administrator