Hard and Evaluated classes

From: Pe5kyTac0
Subject: Hard and Evaluated classes
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:58:50 -0800

Hi All

OS: Debian Linux Sarge
Cfengine: Cfengine 2.1.10-2 (From Apt-Get)

When building a compound class, can
both Hard and Evaluated classes be used
in the same compound class?

So far
compound hard classes work,
single evaluated class works
But
Compound hard and evaluated class
do not work in the same compound class.

Below is an example
----------------------------------
control:

        DebianVersion = ( ExecResult(/bin/cat /etc/debian_version) )
        Deb31         = ( "3.1" )
        actionsequence = ( editfiles )

classes:
        sarge = ( Strcmp (${DebianVersion},${Deb31}) )

editfiles:
        #This class works
        sarge::
                { /home/account/myfile1
                        EmptyEntireFilePlease
                        AppendIfNoSuchLine "This is Debian Sarge"
                }

        #This class works
        linux.debian::
                { /home/account/myfile2
                        EmptyEntireFilePlease
                        AppendIfNoSuchLine "This is Debian Sarge"
                }

        #This class does not work
        debian.sarge::
                { /home/account/myfile3
                        EmptyEntireFilePlease
                        AppendIfNoSuchLine "This is Debian Sarge"
                }
---------------------------
What I was hoping to do was have Debian broken into separate classes.

Examples:
debian.woody::
debian.sarge::
debian.sid::

This way changes could be handled as per the Debian configuration level.
Did I miss something in the documentation?

--
Pe5ky Tac0