Re: Seg Fault w/ cfenvd

From: David E. Nelson
Subject: Re: Seg Fault w/ cfenvd
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:16:11 -0600 (CST)

Hi Eric,

No, 'bt full' didn't add anything more. I agree, the signum looks suspicious. According to the man page, it's an 'int' and 1191328 sure looks awfully big for an int.

BTW, I found a handfull of Solaris systems this AM that had cfenvd core files - all the same problem.

Also, locks.c:104 is:

snprintf(OUTPUT,CF_BUFSIZE*2,"Received signal %d (%s) while doing [%s]",signum,SIGNALS[signum],CFLOCK);

I've never used gdb before, so just for my education, did the segfault occur at '#0' or '#2' below? I take it that '??' means it couldn't find any symbol info at the memory address 0xff1b3200...correct?

Thanks,

         /\/elson