Editfiles - Insertfile - line buffer

From: Arkadi Colson
Subject: Editfiles - Insertfile - line buffer
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:29:59 +0100

I have the following situation...

I'm using insertfile with editfiles and the strange thing is that after 4960 charaters (of a single line) cfengine breaks the line and continues with a new line... Because the goal is using it for /etc/group, which has a big group (more then 4960 charaters), I can't use it because of the new line.

So I looks like this:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           (after 4960 x's)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks in advance,
        Arkadi

Arkadi Colson ( Network / System Administrator )
Elex N.V.
Transportstraat 1
B-3980 Belgium
+32 13 61 88 37