Patch Submission - sysinfo(SI_PLATFORM, ...) support

From: David E. Nelson
Subject: Patch Submission - sysinfo(SI_PLATFORM, ...) support
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:23:38 -0600 (CST)

Hi Mark,

I'd like to submit the following patch which adds 'sysinfo(SI_PLATFORM,...)' support. Hopefully this way, CFEngine can detect different models of h/w.

We recently had an issue that only occured on Sun V440's and it would have been nice to have CFEngine be able to detect the model and take the appropriate action. A class now gets defined as 'SUNW_Sun_Fire_V440', for example.

I've attached a patch that removes some '#ifdef's so that 'sz' doesn't get redefined and adds a number of lines for the 'SI_PLATFORM'. My C is beyond "rusty" so this may not have been the correct way to do things.

Thanks,
         /\/elson

--
~~ ** ~~  If you didn't learn anything when you broke it the 1st ~~ ** ~~
                        time, then break it again.