Re: Understanding output, modifying output, importing groups

From: Tim Nelson
Subject: Re: Understanding output, modifying output, importing groups
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:13:46 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Ed Brown wrote:

To me, running cfagent as a shellcommand inside of cfagent seems
unnecessarily convoluted, but maybe there are reasons or advantages I
don't understand.

Would this do what you need (making some guesses and assumptions, like
that you really meant servicea where you have service1, and that you do
have a 'groups:' or 'classes:' action heading in cf.groups):

- move the 'control:' section to cfagent.conf (just seems like the
right thing to do)

Hmm. As far as "control" goes, I've always left it where he had it, for the simple reason that I never touch cfagent.conf, whereas I'm often already editing the main file. Also, instead of his cf.main, I have a cf.fileinclude which then includes the other files depending on the classes defined in cf.groups.

        :)

--
Tim Nelson
Server Administrator